1. To maintain the highest ethical and scientific standards in the practice of pathology and each of its subspecialties.
2. To facilitate and encourage consultation between health care providers and the pathologists.
3. To maintain and promote the professional integrity of the specialty of pathology.
4. To serve as a forum for dissemination of scientific and educational information to trainees and members in the field of pathology.
5. To promote the professional interests of its members.
6. To cooperate with existing organizations, including societies of pathologists, state and national medical organizations, and the Minnesota Department of Health, to promote the art and science of pathology for the service of the common good.